Friday, July 23, 2010

IVY... A QUIET BEAUTY

Happy Friday everyone!  The weekend is here, and it's going to be a hot one, but that's OK because our wonderful neighbors are going to be out of town for a week, and they gave us the "key" to their pool while they're gone.  THANK YOU TIM AND CHRIS!!  We sure do appreciate it! :)

Today, I thought I would share with you guys a post I put together the first week I started blogging.  Since I was so new to the blogging community at the time, I barely had any followers (if any), and I only received one comment. Since nobody has really seen this post yet, I thought I would give it another go.  I hope you enjoy it. :)

Even when  all of my flowering plants are in full bloom in the garden,
 I still find myself drawn to my ivy.

This is a little spot I have on my front porch.


There are so many different varieties of ivy.  This one, in my favorite chippy white painted urn, is a variegated ivy.


They look beautiful in a variety of different containers.


It grows well inside or out.


Ivy is a spot of green in the garden to balance all of the color that surrounds it.


I love it!!  How about you?

This weekend my husband and I will be working in the garden pulling weeds in the 100 degree heat (ugh!).  But it's all OK, because afterwards, we'll be sitting by the pool sippin' a cold one...sweet!!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend planned, and take time to smell... the IVY (hehe)! ;o)

I'm linking this post up to Funky Junk Interiors SNS party.  Head on over to Donna's blog to check out all the wonderful inspiration there is to be had over there.

'Til next time my blogger friends...

Hugs ~ Jo

:o)

10 comments:

  1. Your plants are so pretty and I love the idea of ivy inside...and perhaps even I can manage to keep it alive, ha!~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ivy too but it usually dies on me inside the house. I think it gets spider mites. The leaves turn all brown. I want to grow them inside. Any tips?

    I love the urn and the table it's sitting on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love variegated ivy and keep it contained in pots or a small area. It goes well with everything! Love your accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ivy! We use in a lot in France...With topiaries...On walls...:)
    Great post!
    Xo
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is beautiful. The ivy is a perfect touch. I wish I could grow anything. But alas....it is not to be. I kill anything within 100 yards. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo,
    I love ivy too, especially when on a topiary. There is just something so simply elegant and beauitful about this plant. I love it! Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful! I can't even keep ivy alive though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to pay my property taxes yesterday, and their pot of ivy was taking over a set of blinds(2 feet away from the shelf!) This is all gorgeous. Hard to believe, a time when you didn't have a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos, Jo!!! I love ivy too! Don't work too hard out in that heat - in fact, quit early and enjoy that cold drink & the pool, K?
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good evening!
    I am so happy to have found your beautiful blog.
    Your home is really welcoming and full of every sort of beauty!
    As for ivy: I LOVE it, so simple, so rustic and so chic and charming!
    I'm making ivi and vines climbing on my home facade, it will take some years but I'm sure I will love the final result.
    Thanks for sharing your home with us.
    Francesca from Italy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. I love to hear what you have to say. Thanks! :) Jo