Thursday, June 24, 2010

FEATHERING MY NEST WITH PITCHERS

FEATHER YOUR NEST THURSDAY'S #2

Hello everyone!  I hope you're all having a wonderful week so far.

I want to say thank you to everyone who joined my first Feather Your Nest Thursday's link party!  It was fun visiting all your blogs and seeing your nesting ideas.  I must say it was off to a bit of a slow start, but I'm gonna give this a go for a month to see if it grows a little bit each week.  If it keeps growing, then I will keep hosting! :)

I simply adore white ironstone pitchers!  I love their varying shapes, sizes, crackling, and shades of white.  I use them throughout my home as pieces of art, almost like a sculpture.  So, without further ado, here are some pictures from my archives of how I use pitchers to feather my nest.
I hope you enjoy...


I have a collection of varying sizes on a shelf in a cabinet in my hallway.


I have them in my bedroom, ready for fresh flowers from the garden when they're in bloom.


Here's a picture I know most of you have seen before, but it it's a perfect example of how I use pitchers like artwork in my living room.


I can use these to put flowers or other collections in, or leave them just the way they are.  I almost prefer them empty, so I can better see their beautiful form.




A collection of tiny pitchers in my kitchen.  I've used one pitcher to hold another collection of vintage folding rulers.


Again, I know most of you have seen this picture already, but look how different this pitcher is from most of my other pitchers.  I love the simplicity of its shape.




These pitchers are not antiques or vintage, but you wouldn't know it by looking at them.  I bought these little beauties at Target years ago.  They're the perfect size for hanging on hooks.


How do you feather your nest? 

Thanks again to everyone for stopping by and joining my second Feather Your Nest Thursday's link party and helping to try and make it a success.  I appreciate it so much!!

For those of  you who are new to the party, here's all you have to do to join:

1.  Add a picture and link to your Feather Your Nest post to the linky tool below. 

2.  Please make sure to leave a link back to this post on your blog, so your visitors can come join in on the party.

3.  Go visit each other...that's what these parties are all about.  Have fun!

The linky tool will be open until 6 a.m. on Saturday, so if you don't have a post ready yet, there's still plenty of time to put one together and come join in on the fun.  You could even use a post from your archives that pertains to feathering your nest.  :)

Just another reminder that there are still a few more days left to enter my 200 followers giveaway.  To find out how to enter, just click here.

I also wanted to thank everyone who left such sweet comments about my teeny, tiny bathroom.  I enjoyed reading each and every one!!  I tried to visit everyone who left a comment, but I simply ran out of time in the day.  Yesterday was my eldest daughter's 13th birthday, so it was a day of celebration for us and was a rather busy day. :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

'Til next time...

:o) ~ Jo


14 comments:

  1. Jo, I love your white pitchers, they are so simple, yet so beautiful. The ones hanging on hooks are lovely, especially with the tiny flowers in them. Your pitcher with the roses is also very pretty and the roses are gorgeous! The white pitchers against the white walls and decor is so pretty and restful looking.
    Thank you once again for doing this, I am so plesed to see that you have many more participants already today. Good for you!
    Hugs, Cindy S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pitchers Jo.......they are so nice !!! beautiful pictures !! i enjoy.....happy summer days...hugs and love Ria......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, don't worry it seems to be working now. I enjoy this link party. Have a great weekend. I'm off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sooooo pretty, Jo!!! Your second photo looks like a painting!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo~~~~I almost forgot about today being Feather Your Nest day...yikes!
    I love all of your pitchers. I just started collecting them recently. As a matter of fact, there is one in my post.
    Thank you for hosting!
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you have feathered your nest. Your pitchers are beautiful. I love the chippy white everything. And...those handprints are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your collection Jo! I've been trying to collect ironstone as well~ white white and more white!!
    Happy Friday to you.
    Hugs,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love white pitchers too. Have a collection of small ones. Just love your collection. Should be passing through Porterville soon on our way to the cabin. Can't wait to head to the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo - just lovin' your white pitchers, especially the little ones hanging on the hooks. What a sweet idea! I've been obsessing over white enamel pitchers lately, though I don't know why.... :) Simple, vintage, and just beautiful!

    xoxo laurie@heavenswalk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey jo,

    Agreed with everyone..the pitchers are so adorable. The 1st one posted on the picture kinda give me a family feeling..a BIG mama pitcher taking care of other small pitchers:)

    My wife love white color as well. I am sure she will be very jeolous when seeing these Pitchers.

    Jay Chua
    Publisher, PorchSwingSets.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have a design blog though I love cottage stuff and your blog AND I collect pitchers--white ones, blue and white ones, a certain shade of yellow and one green... Never thought of hanging on hooks... trying that this weekend! lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pitchers. I just missed out on your linky party - maybe next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your little pitchers, Jo. I have a much smaller collection but I do enjoy them. We use two larger ones in our kitchen for wooden spoons, spatulas, etc. I smile every time I reach for a spoon.

    I became a follower and added your blog to my sidebar. I have been enjoying reading previous posts. You have a beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I missed joining this blog party.....I hope to make the next one....I will keep checking back. I love your pitchers.....I want to get one to put on my kitchen table for flowers. You have a beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. I love to hear what you have to say. Thanks! :) Jo