Friday, June 18, 2010

GOOD GOODS...

Hello everyone!!

Don't you just love that name... Good Goods?  They certainly do have some good goods!! 

I've been promising for a long time now to show you some pictures of my favorite antiques shop.
Last Sunday my family and I finally made a trip over there to take some pictures.  It's located in
Farmersville, CA (just outside of Visalia)...about a 35 minute drive from my home.  I've been
shopping at Good Goods for about 10 years now, and I've never been disappointed. :)

They just had an auction the weekend before, so a lot of their stock had been cleared out, but
there were still plenty of "good" pieces to pick through.

Come along with me and I'll give you a little tour.


This Victorian farmhouse is one of five structures that they've moved onto the property and
rebuilt from the ground up using salvaged materials. 


Come on in...let's take a look inside.


I'll take the mirrors...


...both tables, and those desk chairs, please!


There are three bedrooms in the farmhouse.


The owners always keep them furnished with antique beds (sometimes metal ones, sometimes wood)
that are for sell along with their cottage style bed linens.


This barn is one of the structures they had moved onto the property.  Can you imagine having
to move such a large structure? It's filled with fabulous antiques!


Come on in and see...


 I LOVE the garden sign! I can imagine having it hung on the wall over my puttering spot outside
in the garden.  The green box on the wall with all the cubbies is great, too!


More fabulous mirrors...


...and some great chairs, too!!


  I can never pass up a sweet bird nest and eggs. :)


Anyone need a basket?


They always have galvanized buckets in stock ($8-10 ea.).  I picked another one up on our visit there
Sunday.  I LOVE them because of their patina and they're sooo versatile.  I use them inside my home
for decor and for potted plants in the garden.  I also use them when I'm weeding.  I just carry one
around with me and fill it up as I go.  :)


I could see this table with baskets as a kitchen island or dining room sideboard, or even in a children's
room or playroom. Those baskets would be great for holding toys and books.


I LOVE these metal chairs with wood seats!


Oh man...I wish I had bought these numbers, that grey platter, and...


...these fabulous sconces!!  I LOVE the way all these muted colors look together!


I'm drooling over the patina on this sconce!!  I almost bought these but this one was missing the floret
(see, where the little hole is).  Could I have just taken it off the other sconce and have both of them go
without?  Maybe I could have replaced it with something else.  Hot glue would work, right?  I think
they would make wonderful candle holders.  I may have to go back and get these.  I hope they're still
there!!

I hope you enjoyed the tour as much as I enjoyed taking the pictures.  If you live nearby or  just
happen to be passing through central California, I hope you get a chance to stop by Good Goods.
I promise you won't be disappointed.  It's always such a treat!

Location:
30884 Rd. 168
Farmersville, CA 93292
Phone:  (559) 594-5253 or (559) 594-5765 

I hope you all have a fabulous day!

'Til next time...

~ Jo :-)


27 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Jo! how in the world could anyone walk out of this place without a purchase?! Those baskets under the table are wonderful!!!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my.....this is all so beautiful i really love it Jo !!! happy weekend..enjoy.....love Ria....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I would be in serious trouble if I were to visit this place. Too many wonderful treasures. Who needs to pay the electric bill when there are such finds to be had! ;-)

    Hope you have a beautiful weekend,
    Susan
    http://simplepleasuressimpletreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, everything is just gorgeous, love the mirrors too! But I'll take the bed thanks. I was very intrigued by the first pic of the house how they did the verandah on the side, it's just given me an idea for my house... now I just have to convince hubby! take care, Maryann ps thanks for popping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo,
    Oh, wow! I was drooling over all of the wonderful photos! I loooove the beds, and the neat green cubby, the iron table & chairs, the sconces, oh, and that sweet little bird's nest. I sure would love to shop here! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always see the best chippy worn items at the sales and flea markets in California. I sure do wish I lived out there so I could shop these wonderful places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome!! I would love to shop there.....wow!!
    thanks for stopping by my blog....you were so sweet with your comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you sweet Well, thanks for your warm words on my blog. What a wonderful pictures you show, wow what house and the antique store, I almost faint hihi.
    Warm hugs / Ingela.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OhMyGoodness, Jo, this place is heavenly!!! I love the second bedframe. Sigh. You lucky girl for getting to visit in person! :)
    Have a beautiful weekend!
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jo,
    You have the best postings...
    I am not going away but for a couple of days, I just wanted to give you all a chuckle if you were the one to have to care for a home like this!
    Thank goodness it's not my Home!
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, what an amazing antique shop, placed in different buildings. I could certainly get lost in there for hours and hours. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Donnaxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful shop..I love everything! Thank you for sharing with us today!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty house and pretty things you have shown....now CA.! that is too far away for me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! That place is heaven on earth, Jo! What I would give for the beautiful bed....Sure wish I lived closer. Ummmm...but then again....that may be a little to dangerous for my budget.... :)

    Thanks for the wonderful tour and 'drool session'.

    xoxo laurie@heavenswalk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! wow what a great place and it's right up the road. Guess I see a road trip in the near future. Your photos are fantastic. Love your house.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These items from the farmhouse are lovely! Thank you so much for sharing the beauty and inspiration. I love the painted white headboard and all the flowers! Wish I weren't on the opposite side of the US :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the nice coments, Secret Gargen Cottage! My sister and I have a great time together as we create. I am happy to have found your beautiful and inspirational blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I am visiting your blog for the first time and love it. About this store: Wow! This spells trouble for my pocket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I am so there this summer! Farmersville you say? Road trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think that Good Goods is sadly closing this month after the last auction? Unless they have changed their minds? Our son lives across the road at the end of the walnut orchard so it has been a must visit for us whenever we are down visiting from the bay area. I came across your blog today thanks to Cozy Little House Welcome Wagon Fridays....so fun to find that you are in Porterville...our son is a Visalia firefighter and they love raising their little people in that area. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love folks like yourself, you have a kind heart to share. thank you so much and i will be visiting, i'm in california in the high desert in victorville. i'm so glad i came across your blog. i just love this place, oh i could just take pictures and relax and buy and relax and enjoy the day here. i love it!

    love ya, maria - cottage feel-
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Maria,
    Thanks so much for your kind words! I tried to visit you at your blog, but there was no link in your profile. I hope you get this message.
    Thanks so much!!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have been having a grand time browsing all of your posts Jo! You have such a lovely home :) I am definitely going to have to check out Good Goods one day. We have friends that live in Tulare (I live on the Cen Coast), so maybe I will just have to make an excuse to go visit them soon!! Thanks for the amazing eye candy...

    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am in love with the purple stair case and purple door. That is extremely unique. Risky colors to pick but it came out really good so the risk was worth it.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks , I've just been looking for info about this topic for ages and yours is the best I have discovered till now. But, what concerning the bottom line? Are you sure about the supply?

    Here is my web-site :: diet plans that work

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning Jo, I was just at Good Goods this past week. Probably my 10th trip up there in the last few years. I live in Orange County my best friend in Sacramento, we meet in Visalia and hit the antique stores there and in Hanford, Exitor and this place. Love it!! In the Vintage house they have table clothes, doilies and place mats. 60's vintage prints, usually floral. Hve you seen them? They didn't have the one in a table cloth that I wanted and was wondering if you know of the name who makes them and maybe i can go on line to purchase. I should have looked while i was there and didn't. I've calleda couple times but I know that gentleman that runs it isn't feeling well lately and can't even make it up those stairs very well. Anyway, let me know if you can help.
    teresa.flory@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. I love to hear what you have to say. Thanks! :) Jo