Wednesday, June 30, 2010

WHITE WEDNESDAY...in the garden


Hello everyone!  I hope you're all doing well!

This past week has flown by for me.  We threw a birthday party, attended a birthday party, and had a visit from my Dad all in the past week!  It's been a lot of fun, but I'm a little wore out.  Luckily I've had a couple of days of down time before we're off tomorrow for our trip to Reno to visit my Mom and her husband to celebrate the 4th of July.

For this weeks White Wednesday, I thought I would share with you my puttering spot.




I love this old scale for its wonderful patina.  I was going to use it in my kitchen, but the ceiling was too low, so it just didn't look right in there for me.  I decided to bring it outside and turn it into a planter. I used chicken wire to make a basket and lined it with moss from my garden. Then, I planted it with some of my favorite flowers...white alyssum in the foreground.


This is an old crate I use as a potting bench for some of my smaller potted plants. The white rabbit suits the area we live in so well, with all the wild rabbits we have running around. Then, there's the little white cast iron bird and white pots. I can't seem to pass up beautiful bird decor...I just love it! I use one of the pots to hold plant tags of various plants we've planted in the garden, so I have them for reference later on down the road.


I'm linking this post up with White Wednesday's over at Faded Charm. Thank you, Kathleen, for hosting every week!!


I hope all of you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!! As I've said, I'll be away until next week. I'll come visit when I get back. Thanks for all your sweet comments! I appreciate it!! :)

'Til next time...

~ Jo :-)

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful White Wednesday post Jo. Love the scale turned planter and your potting bench vignette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your crepe mrytle, mine is just starting to bloom..and I am IN LOVE with that scale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, adding "scale" to my list now. Love it! And your crepe myrtle looks beautiful. I have a few bright pink ones, but perhaps I need a white one. I also love Dynamite - had one at my old house - I'm a sucker for a deep red. But the white is so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't seen your scale, so thanks for the great inspiration! Love the chicken wire basket and "puttering" area That crepe myrtle is exceptional!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post...the scale is new to me too! I love how you added the chicken wire to form a planter...very creative!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo, your myrtle tree is fantastic..as for your scale..I could never get bored of seeing that! Have fun in Reno! ~Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing your "white ideas." It is such a breath of fresh air. :)..... aaaahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What Beautiful Photos ~ The first one with the crape myrtles & the Clouds, Should be a Painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your puttering spot Jo, just gorgeous and that scale is wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness. It's all so pretty. It must be heaven to spend time out around your home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous garden Jo!!!! I absolutely love what you did with the scale!!
    Happy WW!
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jo~~~~what a great post today! LOVE the myrtle! Your scale is just too cute. Have a wonderful vacation.
    Hugs,
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jo,

    Your planted scale is wonderful! Won't be long before the sweet alyssum is tumbling right over the side - lovely!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the scale planter. That crape myrtle is beautiful. I bet your gardens are even more beautiful in person. Have a wonderful 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I've told you before I love that scale, so I don't mind drooling over it some more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jo... Fabulous whites! I love the crape myrtle, I wish I could grow it here... just before the buds open the frost gets them everytime.
    Your scale is my favorite!! So very charming... I am going to keep my eyes open for one in my travels:-)
    Hope you had a great getaway!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jo great post. I love the crepe myrtle.
    Have a wonderful weekend
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your creativity ~ it would never dawn on me to use a kitchen scale into a lovely hanging planter. It's beautiful! The pictures of the crape myrtles against the sky are so pretty. I have mostly (dark) pink crape myrtles in my yard but lately I seem to be drawn to the few white ones I have. Your post made me want to get out there and take some shots of them. Happy 4th of July weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your white crape myrtles. White flowers are my favorites, regardless of what kind they are! Love all your whites on your previous posts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jo ~ I'm now obsessing over your scale. I'll have to add that to my "wish list" for my next field trip to the antique market! Your puttering spot is absolutely charming. So inviting and cozy. No wonder you like to putter there! :)

    Have a great vacation!

    xoxo laurie@heavenswalk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your crape myrtle is beautiful! I love white blooms! I've been taking a peek around and I love your kitchen. Signing up as a follower. It's nice to 'meet' you.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    N DI LOVE YOUR KITCXHEN!ar

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your potting bench and 'puttering' area. :) I will never get tired of seeing your scale planter, it is divine.
    Happy weekend Jo!
    Hugs~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Jo! I love your puttering spot! And the scale is fab! Happy 4th my friend, be safe.

    Hugs,

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  24. I personally enjoy the rabbits that run around in my area. My mom hates them though. She says they always eat her grass. Rabbits need to eat something to live.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. I love to hear what you have to say. Thanks! :) Jo