Friday, April 22, 2011

DELIGHTFUL BLOOMS... what I've been waiting for...

  



...and why I love gardening so much.  Whenever I feel stressed, angry, sad, etc., I go for a
stroll through the garden, and as I start to be further drawn into each flower... to all of the details
that make it so beautiful to me... I find myself forgetting what it was I was so upset about.  My garden
is my haven... my place to get away from the things that weigh heavily on my mind... my place to
breathe... my place to just be in the moment.



 
    
The Pink Jasmine is just about in full bloom right now.  The scent is so sweet and enjoyable.  My
oldest daughter and I went for a stroll through the garden last evening, just before it was getting
dark.  We went slowly from plant to plant, enjoying the different scents and beauty they had to offer.
This is something I've done with both of my daughters from time to time since they were little.  Those
moments with them will always hold a special place in my heart and bring back happy memories of
when they were little (they're 10 and 13 now... still lots of sweet memories to be made :)).



 
 

Queen Elizabeth rose

 
purple flowered ivy geranium




David Austin's French Lace roses... just can't stop taking pictures of this beauty :-)




Mexican Primrose ground cover -- self-propagates

I hope you guys aren't getting bored with all of the pictures that I'm sharing of my garden, but that's
really where my head and my heart is right now.

Have a wonderful day and a very happy Easter everyone!!

'Til next time...
~ Jo :-)




2 comments:

  1. It most be amazing for both you and your daughters to walk and look at all the beautiful flowers. The smells most be amazing too.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyaz dekorasyon hakkında çok şey renk elde duygu. Ben siyah şeylerin beni üzgün hissediyorum yapmak olduğunu bulmak. Beyaz Renkler bana kiraz ve mutlu hissediyorum yapmak.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. I love to hear what you have to say. Thanks! :) Jo