Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A LOVE AFFAIR... with roses

 

Hello everyone!  I hope you're all doing well. 

I've been noticing on so many blogs that Spring has finally sprung for those of you living in the
colder parts of the country and in some of the colder parts of the world.  There have been so many
beautiful photos of gardens waking up from their winter naps and trees blossoming... I've been
enjoying them so much. :-)

Spring sprung quite a while ago around here, and now the roses are in full bloom.  Aaahhh... roses...
I just love everything about them!  Well... maybe not having to prune them back every winter. ;-)
But, I do love watching the growing process of a rose... how it starts from a bunch of prickly sticks,
then unfurls new stems with their reddish-green leaves that eventually turn a glossy green, at the tips
of which buds start to form, growing larger and larger until the day that they finally open.  And then, it
starts a whole new process of beauty... the show... 








The roses in this post are called A Shropshire Lad, and I bought them from the
David Austin Rose CatalogFor those of you who are new to my blog, the silver
plants are Dusty Miller.  They bloom yellow flowers, which I snip off before they open,
because I don't care for the yellow color in my garden (crazy... I know ;-)), but I love
the contrast of the silver foliage against the green foliage of the roses.

Thanks for visiting, and I hope you all have a wonderful week!

'Til next time...

~ Jo :-)  


 


1 comment:

  1. Flowers are like caterpillars. They are fun to watch grow and when they finally finish growing they are at their most beautiful level.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. I love to hear what you have to say. Thanks! :) Jo