Friday, May 13, 2011

THE SERENITY OF WHITE




Hello everyone!  I hope you're all having a nice week so far.

I absolutely love decorating with white.  It gives a home a serene, peaceful feeling and mixes
well with the rustic antiques I enjoy collecting so much.  I think the trick to keeping white from
feeling cold and sterile is to use lots of different textures and varying shades of white, as well as
bringing some greenery into each room... in this case, with the roses and the wreath.  These pics
are just me having a little fun with photography.  I hope you enjoy them. :-)
 
 









   


 
  


The roses in this post are Iceberg roses from our garden.  It's nice to have free
flowers to bring inside the house again. ;-)

Since this post is based on the color white, I'm linking it up to my friend Tricia's fun link party,
Photo Feature Friday.  To see some really inspirational photography, head on over to Tricia's
blog, A Rosy Note.  Thanks for hosting, Tricia! :-)

As for the photography details... I don't do any sort of processing to my pictures.  What you
see is straight from my camera to my blog.  I do increase the light setting on my camera,
depending on the amount of light needed for each picture.  That's about it.

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

'Til next time...

~ Jo



3 comments:

  1. Jo, I just discovered your blog and am reading through your posts. Your photos are really pretty. Very crisp and clear. your roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great thing about decorating with white is the feeling you get from the color. I find that black things make me feel sad. Colors that are white make me feel cherry and happy.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felice di avere trovato il tuo blog....perché me ne sono innamorata!
    immagini incantevoli...
    a presto
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. I love to hear what you have to say. Thanks! :) Jo