Friday, May 6, 2011

ZINC PITCHER LUV AND PHOTO TAKING TIPS



 Hello, and happy Friday everyone!

I'm luvin'  this antique French zinc pitcher I bought from Dreamy Whites Online a couple of weeks
ago.  The patina is just perfect, and I luv the little band detail it has going around the middle of it.


 

I placed a bouquet of Scepter'd Isle roses from our garden in it.  I think they give this vignette
a bit of a shabby chic feeling.  I really like this vintage garden table too, especially the patina... but I'm
not so sure about those hearts on the legs.  They may be just a little too fru-fru for me.  I think I may
have my husband remove them to give the table a simpler, more sophisticated look. 

 






Hmmm... should the hearts stay, or should they go?  Decisions, decisions.  ;-)
I also bought the lavender pillows from Maria.

 
 
I especially 'luv' the cool #8 this pitcher has on it.



 

I've been having fun adding a little French farmhouse style to my home lately, and I've really
enjoyed trying to get creative with my photography when I create a new vignette.  I've
received a lot of questions about my pictures since I started blogging, so I thought I would
share a few tips.  I still have a lot to learn myself, but I'm enjoying the process. :-)

A FEW PHOTO TAKING TIPS:

 1.  Read your camera's manual.  You don't have to read the whole thing... look up what you
want to learn about in the table of contents, and read up on those things.
2.  Turn off the flash.  You will get more true color in your photos that way.
3.  Use a tripod, or try to hold perfectly still while taking your photos.  I personally don't have
a tripod, so I use a chair or table to steady myself sometimes, or I'll hold my breath while I
take my photos... thanks for that tip, Donna. :-)
4.  Use the different settings on your camera.  There are certain settings for the types of pictures
you want to take:  a macro setting for close-ups; a button to increase or decrease the
lighting; settings for when the sun is behind the picture you're taking, etc., etc.
5.  Get artistic, and try to think of everything that is in the frame of each shot.  I don't crop my
 photos... each one is as I took it.
 6.  Practice, practice, practice... have fun playing around with the settings and see what works
 for you and what doesn't.

  The camera I use is a simple point and shoot camera with zoom capabilities:
The Kodak EasyShare C743 with 7.1 mega pixels and 3x optical zoom.

****************

Now, I'm off to see what all of you have been up to.

Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope all of you mothers out there have a
Happy Mother's Day this Sunday!

'Til next time...

~ Jo :-)




4 comments:

  1. Jo, I'm loving photography, too, so when I saw your title of "photo taking tips" I had to look at what you wrote.

    Personally, and since you asked, (even though this was back in May) I would vote to leave the curly-cue hearts on the table. I think it adds so much character to it, and doesn't look fru-fru to me at all. I have a table similar to this and would LOVE to have yours !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote leave hearts, too. Maybe remove the utilitarian bucket, add more plates (or anything) on other wall and this becomes the fru-fru cutie hearts corner-with your beautiful roses and your LUV & candle you might have to leave those hearts. And if this happens to be the southwest corner(romance section) of the room, all the better. The hearts lend a romantic air and makes the table more vintage romantic era. I say, embrace your fru-fru in this particular case. But if you've removed the hearts, that's cool and better with the bucket. None of what I've said really matters-your rooms look great.
    I got to your site by clicking on your mudroom image. So pretty and simple.
    Thank you for the photo tips. Good to know all that. Hopefully I will start to feel inspired and interested in photography again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you pictures. What is the name a the rose in the pictures?
    Thank Yu,~ Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the french pitcher. It's much nicer then the white pitchers that I've seen in your home. I do like the white pitchers. This one though is just much more unique.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. I love to hear what you have to say. Thanks! :) Jo