Friday, October 28, 2011

IMAGES OF FALL FROM THE GARDEN


Hello everyone!  Happy Friday!

First of all, I want to say THANK YOU for all of the wonderful feedback you guys gave me on
my last post.  I've decided to keep my comments on, so I'm looking forward to reading all of your
lovely thoughts with each new post that I do once again. :-)


I'm so excited to say that fall has finally arrived here in Central California... YAY!  The leaves are
starting to change color on the trees, and we've had some of the most enjoyable weather lately...
cool in the mornings and evenings with our afternoons in the 70's.  To me, that's PERFECT weather!
Now, if it could just stay that way year round...


The roses in our garden love this cooler weather.  Spring and fall are the best time of year in the
garden for us.  During the summer heat, our plants just don't perform very well.  The roses don't
bloom as often or hold the blooms they do get for very long.  So, I'm always thrilled when fall
finally arrives.



 
  The roses in this post are called Heritage roses, and I bought them from the 








Below, is a picture of our Dogwood tree.  This is the first year that it's produced... well, I'm not
sure, are they berries or hips (like a rose hip)?  I tried to look it up on bing, but couldn't find any
info on it.  I'm very curious though... anybody have a clue?

 


Linking to:

 I still haven't figured out how to get the comment button directly under my blog post, so
unfortunately, you still have to click on the blog title if you want to leave a comment.  Sorry
for the inconvenience.  I've changed all of the settings I can think of to fix it, but without any
luck.  If any of you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Well, that's all for today, my friends.  Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope you all have
a lovely weekend and a HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :-)
  
'Til next time...

~ Jo

21 comments:

  1. Those Heritage roses are incredible.. I just posted a few photos, from my front yard, yesterday. Glad that you have comments on.. just respond, at your leisure. Blogging should be relaxing, though, it is a joy to meet new people through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so pretty there, Jo. I can't believe you still have roses blooming. Oh, how I'd love that. Most of the leaves are laying on the ground here now :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Jo! I can leave you a comment! :-)

    Your pink roses are so pretty! And I like the shot of the leaves! I think you are really growing as a photographer! ♥ Don't ever ever worry about replying to comments - we all know and understand how busy life is.. just let that feeling roll of your shoulders! ♥
    With Love,
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to leave a comment, Jo, even if it is just to tell you how your lovely pictures have brightened up my day!! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that second photo, the pale green backs of the leaves traced with delicate red veins. But all these pics are beautiful!

    I didn't comment yesterday, but I like your new header and blog format, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely images, as always. The fruit on the dogwood are berries: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kousa_Dogwood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the link to the info on the Dogwood berries, Jen! Much appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are gorgeous. It's this a fun season. I just love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love David Austin roses, and Heritage is one of his best!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jo,

    Yay, you've decided to leave your comments on!!! :) Your garden/roses are just gorgeous! Hopefully next year, I'll try my hand at planting such lovely blooms in my garden. :)


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  11. So wonderful images!!! Hugs Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful !!! owww how i love to give a comment !! yes yes yes !!! good choice !!...xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  13. We only get 2 seasons here Jo - "wet" and "dry" so it is a real treat to share your beautiful photos of Fall in the northern hemisphere. So envious of those gorgeous David Austin roses. So pleased that I can leave you little comments once again! ;)Sharye

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your photography. I am guessing you are using a tripod because your compositions are so great. Love the rose photos, the leaves photos...
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jo,

    So lovely to be able to leave a note about your gorgeous roses and photographs.
    Love the new look to your blog also and always a pleasure to come and visit you, thanks.
    Hope that you have a happy weekend.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. ~B~E~A~U~T~I~F~U~L~!!!! I love your photos~ xo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh....I am SO glad that you turned your comments back on, Jo! I felt like I had lost touch with you, even though I tried so hard to check in with you once in a while. I never felt like it was enough. :) So....hugs to you! Good to see you back here "in person"! :) Luv ya, girlie!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love roses and fall! It's getting colder in Germany and I guess it won't be long to winter.
    Have a nice weekend,
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your autumn garden looks so enticing. It's snowing on my autumn roses and everything else here in Northern Virginia...hard to believe and even think about before Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! So many gorgeous images! That pink rose is divine! My favorite is the roses in the wooden bucket. Your photography is beautiful. So glad you linked up with this or that thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. I love to hear what you have to say. Thanks! :) Jo